Coffee Tart Shell
2 L'OR Espresso Lungo Profondo coffee ground
200g Unsalted butter, cold and cubed
1 Yolk, plus extra for brushing
50g White chocolate melted
Tart ring 100mm x 15mm
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
Combine flour, sugar, butter and Lungo coffee ground in a mixer with paddle attachment. Paddle until a sandy texture is formed. Slowly add in eggs until a dough is formed.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll chilled dough to 2mm thickness on a lightly floured surface and drape dough over tart ring on a lined baking tray. Tuck in the edges, cutting excess on the edges, prick the center a few times and blind bake for 15 minutes. After blind baking, bake for a further 15 minutes or until golden.
- Once baked, allow to cool then use extra egg yolk to thinly coat the tart and bake for a further 5 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and let it completely cool. Then coat the inside of the tart with melted white chocolate, set aside until needed.
Milk Chocolate Coffee Cremeux
1 capsule L’OR Espresso Lungo Profondo coffee ground
200g Milk chocolate
1 Gelatine, Titanium
- Bring milk, L’OR Espresso Lungo Profondo coffee ground and cream together in a pot to a boil, meanwhile whisk eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
- Whisk in hot mixture into eggs, then return to heat until it reaches 83C.
- Once temperature is reached, blend in milk chocolate, gelatine and strain through a sieve into a container.
- Allow to completely cool. Allow to set overnight, then transfer to a piping bag.
Hazelnut and Peanut Praline
70g Peanut, roasted
70g Hazelnut, roasted
- Create a dry caramel in a pot with the sugar, once caramel is deep amber add in the nuts and stir until coated. Transfer to a lined baking tray then allow to cool.
- Once cooled, break praline into pieces and transfer to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and season with salt. Set aside in a container.
Whipped Milk Chocolate Ganache
100g Milk chocolate
1 Gelatine, titanium
- Place gelatine in cold water to soften.
- Combine milk chocolate and 150g cream into a saucepan and whisk together over medium heat until melted and well combined then whisk in gelatine.
- Set aside and allow to cool
- Once cooled, whisk in cream and set in a container for 2-3hours.
- Transfer the set ganache mixture to a stand mixer with whisk attachment and whip to a medium peak.
- Then transfer to a piping bag with a fluted petal nozzle.
1 Lungo Shot of L’OR Espresso Lungo Profondo
20g Coffee Liqueur
- Place all ingredients together in a bowl and allow to macerate for 30 minutes.
Dark Cocoa Powder
Purple viola petals
- Spread a thin layer of praline mixture into the tart shell.
- Then scatter pieces of macerated raisins on top of the praline and then fill the tart with cremeux leaving 2-3mm gap between the edge of the tart.
- Then pipe from the edges in, dollops of the whipped milk chocolate ganache pulling into the center of the tart and working around to create a flower pattern.
- Place purple petals of violas on the outer dollops of the tart and dust lightly with cocoa powder.
- Serve immediately.